Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dusting off and getting back up!

Ah the joys of changing ones lifestyle for the better. There are highs and lows (endorphins and cravings anyone? lol!), but the thing to remember, no matter how bad of a day, week or even month that you have is that it's never too late to dust yourself off and get back up again. The sooner the better of course, but anything is better than staying down.

So, that's what I'm doing :D Had a bad couple of weeks which I now realize was at least partially due to the fact that I desperately needed to go shopping. When there's nothing in the house that looks good than all the bad stuff out there is irresistible. So, I stocked up on all my healthy eating faves and some shortcuts to help keep me on track. Fat free light yogurt? Check. Fat free cheese and sour cream? Check. Whole grain pasta? Check. Fresh salad veggies? Check. Low calorie snacks? Check. Better attitude? Big check! I even got myself a bar of 90% cocoa chocolate (heaven!!!) to treat myself throughout the week. Good thing about high cocoa content chocolate? LOTS less sugar and more of the antioxidants and such that are so good for you. It's also tasty as all get out, if you like dark chocolate and I do, so it's win-win!

So, aside from not eating very well I hadn't been as active. Not COMPLETELY my fault, but I didn't try very hard either. Basically the fair was in town so we had an INSANE weekend at work, followed by a tummy bug that kept me down and just being run down in general (gee, wonder why not eating right made me so tired, lol :P). So, today I got some new music off the internet and rocked out with my hoop for about 45 minutes. And I'll probably go to the park in a bit and do it some more. :D If you're interested in what I'm listening to at the moment for working out then I can recommend www.themixfiles.com as a source for long high tempo mixes that have definately had ME moving at least. It's techno/electronica/dance that is just too bouncy for words. Makes me wanna dance, and that's saying something!

Something that I've noticed? Even though I wasn't doing so hot, I didn't actually gain back an appreciable amount of weight. I just stopped loosing as fast. Not sure if it's because I am just working with a higher metabolism or if I am sticking to smaller portions than I was eating, even if it was the wrong choices? Either way, everything still fits, and I just bought some new bras and underwear cause the other stuff was getting saggy and baggy. So progress continues and I am encouraged! Gonna find a pair of skinny jeans and work towards getting into them. It's a very tangible way to see how I'm doing, and it's even more encouraging than the scale numbers when I can comfortably get into something that didn't fit before. It's even more encouraging when that something gets too big, lol!

So, how are some of you (possible but unknown) readers doing? Have you ever fallen off the health wagon and had to catch up and get back on again? How do you catch yourself and what are some tools that keep you going strong?

2 comments:

  1. I am very empowered by your blog. I have just taken up hooping and am loving it. Thanks for sharing your journey. I am a bit heavier than you and close to 50 but it's too much fun not to keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear it! Keep up the good work, and remember that it's all worth it to feel better and live better!

    Thanks also for posting a comment, it served as a gentle reminder to update my blog again hehe! I have a weight change to make and some things to talk about.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete