Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm sorry!!!

Wow, it's been so long since I posted...

I'm sorry about that- life gets away with us sometimes! I'm still working towards bettering my health and life, I've just been so busy doing it that I forgot to write about it. So what's new?

Still hooping, and getting better if I do say so myself. Learning new tricks and getting ready to make some new hoops as I am trying to get others here in my tiny town interested and more fit! So I may be starting a hoop group in the near future. I should say trying to start a hoop group. A lot of the people I've mentioned it to have an attitude of "oh it's so great that you do that and you look awesome but I could never do it". Sigh. Time will tell. Also wanting to figure out a music solution. Namely- I use my mp3 player for music when I hoop- I want more external music, lol.

Ok, in other news- the "you've lost so much weight!" comments are starting to pour in, the clothes are falling off and I am worried about my finances as I need to get some that won't. There is a thrift store I can go to so hopefully that will help until I get where I want to be size wise and health wise. I've had a rough week or so as far as food is concerned, cravings and lower self control than usual. I am thinking it's one of 3 things, although I suspect it's a combination of all 3. I may just be pms-ing, I may be building more muscle and NEEDING more calories or I may be getting to the "I'm tired of trying so hard" phase and loosing sight of my goal. So I plan on starting a food journal again to get myself back on track, reassessing my goals, and focusing more on my body to determine if I am hungry or just being a greedy guts.

Some other plans in the near future are to step up to a walking plan (ok, that was bad, sorry!) and find other ways to be active. I still need some weight training to build upper body strength and muscle and I am considering something yoga-like for more flexibility, to help my back and to relax. Plus it'll give me something I can do on days that I just can't get out with my hoop. I also REALLY need to get back on the fruit wagon. (sorry again!) I've been lax in this department. Veggies too. Not that I've stopped eating them, I've just been making not so good choices...

Needless to say my weight loss has stalled momentarily, but I haven't gained so that's good at least. I am certain that I can get back on track now that I've realized what has been happening. I think a constant monitoring of self and reassessing is so important when one is working towards a goal. I am SO CLOSE to my first 50 pound goal- only 16 pounds to go! I can do it. I have a friend that has promised to take me horseback riding when I meet that goal and I am looking forward to it. I haven't been horseback riding in years, partially because I've been afraid to hurt the poor things... I am already looking ahead to my reward for my next goal. I am thinking perhaps a trip to an amusement park so I can ride roller coasters? I LOVE roller coasters, but the last time I went anywhere to ride them it was such a tight squeeze to get into the harness restraint thingies and I was worried that I might not be able to ride them again. I am being careful not to use food as rewards although I still have moments of "If I'm good all day I can have a cookie" or "If I'm good all week I can have a small order of chili cheese curly fries on Friday". I really need to stop that. Food is food, not a reward. I have to remind myself that if I want something I can have it, I just have to decide if it's worth the calories and plan on adjusting for them the rest of the day...

So that's the news. In a nutshell- still hooping, had bad week, not perfect, want to add different exercises, horseback riding, roller coasters and chili cheese fries. Doesn't sound all that much like a health blog does it? lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment