Sunday, April 11, 2010

The importance of packing a lunch...

Today started off so well. Sauteed some veggies and whole wheat noodles with some ginger, garlic, red pepper and oyster sauce. Was yum. Had an apple- fruit is good right? Hooped for about an hour at the park in the gorgeous sunshine.

Off to a great start right?

Then I got to work. I don't recall if I've mentioned it before but I work around food all day. Not healthy food either. Convenience store/fast food/diner fare. I got hungry and realized that I forgot to bring something from home. Then I got REALLY hungry and availed myself of said convenience store/fast food/diner fare. Oh dear. Sigh even.

I've learned from today. I have GOT to get in the habit of planning ahead and sticking to it. If I'd had some fruit or veggies handy I'd have been much better off.

No worries about fast food temptation tomorrow as I don't have to work, but we are heading out of town to places with fast food chain restaurants. I think perhaps I should plan on eating a hearty healthy breakfast and taking some fruit and water to stave off the munchies? Maybe some nuts or something... I DO plan on hooping there too though, with a friend even. Looking forward to that :D

FLog:
I don't wanna talk about it :(

Ok ok- breakfast: whole wheat pasta and veggie stir fry, apple, coffee (with half and half today- the skim milk wasn't cutting it. I don't use a lot, so don't give me a hard time ok?)

Lunch: Chicken wings, a small handful of fries and a tomato. (TOLD you it wasn't pretty...)

Dinner: 2 cheese sticks, 2 chicken nuggets, a small scoop mashed potato and gravy. (I know, I know)

Snacks: didn't have time for snacks really... I did drink a coffee at work and a ton of water.

ELog: Much happier with this one today! About an hour of hooping and working up a sweat. 8 hours working on my feet.

So here's hoping for a better day tomorrow! I will admit that I do plan on hitting up a Starbucks while I'm up there. There isn't one less than an hour away from here and I need a fix!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment